Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sketch of the Week with Shimelle


This is the last layout of my crafty weekend.

I have made:
One 6x12 photo-less layout that adds to a story.
Four 8.5x11 single page layouts
Seven 12x12 single page layouts
And One 12x12 double page layout
That's a lot of scrapping.

Making these layouts made me realize that I work better with a set of plans in front of me. Having Shimelle issue challenges, gave me a clear set of goals to complete. I need to right down some similar challenges to take with me to my monthly crop. I seem to have trouble doing layouts there.

And I enjoy working with a limited set of supplies. Most of the layouts I completed used supplies from American Crafts. The most used supplies were from 2 different older collections, Moda Bella and Everyday. I chose those 2 collections, because I had the complete set of supplies to work with. And I love the colors. I worked with heritage, special occasions. and everyday photos with the same papers and embellishments. And all the layouts worked.

Now here's the last layout I completed. It's for Shimelle's sketch of the week. See this post to get the sketch and join along. I followed the sketch pretty close. I just had to replace the smaller photos with a strip of pattern paper.


Supplies:Graph Paper - Scenic Route; Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Details Stickers, & Thickers - American Crafts; Small Letter Stickers - Making Memories; Circle Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts;

No comments: