Monday, August 30, 2010

Learn Something New 2010

Here's my album for this year's version of Shimelle's "Learn Something New Everyday" class. I can't believe it's been going on since 2006. I have a few half or mostly complete albums. This year I vow to finish my album.

This year is a little special. Since we should start IVF on the 2nd. This year's class runs a great time for me. Whether or not our journey ends up like we hope, I should have a lot to learn this year.

So I decided to use a homemade album this year. I made covers from canvas. The covers are about 5.5"x7.5". I wrapped chipboard with the canvas and sewed the edges. I added grommets for the book rings.

Supplies: Pattern Paper - Studio Calico; Cardstock- Bazzill; Canvas; foam letter stickers - American Crafts; Square Fabric covered brad - K & Company; Pink Elastic - Paper Salon; Maya Mists

The inside pages were made from Kraft Bazzill. I made pocket pages that are about 5"x7". I wanted a place to write a lot of journaling. I plan on writing a little about what I learn on the outside of the page. But I wanted a place to write more private stuff, if I need it. I can also put extra photos in the pockets.


The inside pages do have some pattern papers on them. I plan of adding embellishments and photos as I go along. I used papers Studio Calico, Sassafras Lass, and Lily Bee. The Studio Calico papers are from the Home Front collection. And the other papers were part of August 09 Studio Calico kit, "Over the Rainbow".
So now I'm just waiting on Sept. to roll around.

5 comments:

nsmerkt said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the look of this album! Hopefully this will be a happy-ending journey for you. Looking forward to seeing that as you fill it in!

Irene Fitzpatrick said...

Gorgeous album! A real inspiration!

Nicole Coffin. said...

very cute. i love the pocket idea.

Ann said...

What a great homemade mini album. I especially love the pockets--I'm filing that idea away for future use!

Veena said...

Awesome pocket idea for an album. It serves a number of purpose- storing pictures, notes and cards. Love the concept.