Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking

I really love scrapbooking with paper. And I'll never give it up, but I have to admit that digital scrapbooking has really gotten my interest lately.

I'm currently in an online class at www.jessicasprague.com. It's her "Up & Running" class. And I think it's the best online class I've ever taken. I've taken a lot that I like, but the knowledge I'm gaining in this one is worth every penny I paid. And for $40, I really think it's a steal.

You get almost all the materials you need to complete weekly layouts. You do have to supply a computer, photos, and some sort of editing software. I already had Photoshop Elements 5. But you can download a free trial, if you want to try it out. Or you can use another brand if you have it. The videos are showing the screen in PSE5, but there have been hints for Mac users.

Today's mid-week lesson in the class, helped me do a layout that I struggled with all weekend. My favorite online digi store, scrapbookgraphics.com has added a new designing team. It's a brother and sister team from Germany called ONdesigns. Here's a link to their store, ONdesigns. They have some cool "textured" items in their store I can't wait to get my hands on.

And on the ONdesign Blog, they are running a contest using one of their templates. So I thought I would try to do a page. Let me say that I took half the afternoon Sunday trying to figure out how to do the page. I finally had to save the layout at the point I had it at, and close it. I really thought I wouldn't get to do the layout. So I'm glad to say that Jessica, came to my rescue today. She did a lesson on Clipping Masks. So I can now proudly post my layout using ONdesigns' template.

And here it is. All I had to do was add paper, and I colored the title and swirls. And it's the first layout I've ever done with a template. Now that I know what I'm doing, it really is easier to start with a template. And next time, I'll be able to add more embellishments.


Supplies:
Template - Ondesigns ( ONdesigns blog and store )
All Papers - "Out There" mini kit, Meredith Fenwick Designs ( Studio Meredith also at scrapbookgraphics.com )


I do have most of my Shimelle page done for the day, but I still need to add the photo. Really I have to take and add the photo. So it may be the morning before I can post it.

No comments: