Thursday, September 6, 2007

Stuff

Here's my pages for Day 5 & 6 for my Learn Something New Class with shimelle, with a little background info.

Day 5 - "Some days you have to force yourself to do things". All supplies from Making Memories

And I had to get out and take some photos for another online class. This water tower was one of the photos. I took 3 different towers at old mills near my home.

I am behind in the photo class. I signed up for it at www.feelgoodphotos.co.uk. Click on the camera lens to get to the workshops. It is a 10 week course with Cheryl Johnson. Her photos are wonderful. But the weather has been so hot that I haven't wanted to get out and take any pictures. So I really had to force myself to get out.

(Why I signed up for 3 in the same time period, I don't know, but I am having fun. I am staying caught up in the Shimelle and Jessica Sprague classes. Of course I can stay in the air-conditioning for those. And the weather seems to be cooling down, so I should be able to get out more.)

Day 6 - "Even adults need playtime"
Supplies: pattern paper from Tinkering Ink; Bazzill cardstock; letter stickers from Making Memories & MAMBI; paint from MM and Heidi Swapp; transparency from Hambly Studios and 2 sizes of bubble wrap


This one was just about getting out paint and bubble wrap and playing. Seeing the technique so many times in the past 2 days, made me think about doing a page on it. And I have to say, it wasn't as messy as I thought. And I can't wait to play with this technique some more.

In other notes:
I've bought 2 glass pendants from Allison Kreft ( Her Etsy Store )
I'm waiting on a package from Anodyne Design
I'll post about both when they get here.

And I'm off to Hilton Head Island, SC on Sunday for a small trip. I can't wait for that. I get to see my sister-in-law and her husband. And that will be fun. And it will be the third time this year I've gone to the beach. That's highly unusual, since my husband isn't crazy about the beach. But I like it, so I'm happy.

Hopefully, I'll get 2 more posts in before the beach.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Hi Connie,

I am in the U&R class as well. I was on the message board and saw your link to your blog. I noticed you wrote that you were going to Hilton Head SC to visit your relatives. Funny you say that because I am moving near there very soon! My husband is in the military and we will be moving to an area that is about 30 minutes from Hilton Head. Hope you have a great time!

Sylvia (Scrappin*Gal)