Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Signature Accent Challenge

This challenge was to create a page with a product or technique that you use often. To learn more about the challenge, visit this blog post.

As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew what I would do. It's something I use quite often. I have used it a few times this crafty weekend. My go-to technique is using pattern paper in a block with a photo and ribbon. I use this technique, most often, when I only have a single photo from an event. All the layouts I did this weekend featured a vertical photo. But I use it with horizontal photos, too. With horizontal photos, I usually substitute accordion folded paper strips for the ribbon.
Supplies: Cardstock, Pattern Paper, & Thickers - American Crafts; Ribbon - Lil' Davis Designs;
Staples - Tim Holtz


Since I don't store my layouts in chronological order, the layouts that are similar in design are almost never beside each other in my albums. And while, I use this technique often, people looking at my albums never notice, because there are so many other pages in there.

2 comments:

Kim Strother said...

I like how the ribbon connects the photo and the paper and give the photo a resting place. Very well done!

Cynthia said...

Now how cool is that??!! What a great idea! I love the look and the colors are so rich!